Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Long Story Short

Once upon a time... there was a happy little girl that grew up in a rural area that loved her rubber boots and cabbage patch kid bathing suit.  Her mother took her to the mall for a corn dog and orange Julius every Wednesday.  She used to love to be a daddies girl who loved to fish and cuddle with her family.
Until one day her daddy quit his job, started drinking... and that is where the happy life turned into a life of chaos and tragedy.
When you grow up in an addicts household... your world suddenly gets robbed by the unhealthy circles that you are forced to run around your addict.  TVs thrown, Bruises for not doing chores right, and being denied a childhood... can soon turn a 10 yr old into a 22yr old planning her escape through all the wrong paths... then the 10 yr old turned 18.. a pregnant teenager... The 18yr old turned 19.. a single mother of a child with down syndrome.  Alone and scared...(or at least I had assumed I was alone at the time)  19, 20, 21, 22 a train wreck of a person who thought "I'm so tough"  I can "do it myself" ... Scrapping her way through life... just to find herself on a hamster wheel... working 20 hour days.
Then she thought... well two jobs don't seem to be working.  How about a husband... he's got some problems ... but I'm sure I can fix them... Well ..... how do you think that went?  28 yrs old... almost beaten to death 5 weeks after giving birth to his child...hmmmm ... (does anyone else see a pattern here)  How can a person so beautiful at time turn into such a demon?  Well finally at age 31... She woke up and said..."I don't know...can't even begin to imagine" "But I don't care"   and this is where the crooked roads will finally leave this beaten and bruised little girl to a Beautiful life.  When she woke and realized #1) I am not alone... the man I have been looking to fill me up ... I found him.. Jesus.. he has been with me all along providing me with strength and forgiveness of my sins.  #2) I have 3 babies that I will not pass the generational addiction baton to ... DONEZO.... and this is where my new life begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment