Monday, August 29, 2011

Diversions... a good thing?

When you are exiting a relationship with a ....well ... hmmm ... how to put this nicely...a person who has missed a few well needed therapy sessions. ("The crazy certainly have a way of turning the "uncrazy" crazy!) Is it a good thing to get some well needed attention from the opposite sex?
Well... I say yes. (but only if your not like me... I could fall in love with a squirrel) When mom says.. anyone would be lucky to have you.  Its not exactly the same as someone saying "I love the way you drink through a straw"... ummm well ok, my diversion was kinda awkward.. but you catch the drift.
I guess there has to be some ground rules:

1) Do not fall in love with this person. ( no one wants 2 back to back broken hearts)
2) Do not wait for their phone call. 
3) Do not let this person change or inhibit in anyway who you are
4) Do not give him the milk because we know ahead of time he is not buying the cow!!! (I know everyone thinks they can have sex with out it getting complicated...but its a BIG GIANT LIE)

I believe this strategy is healthy for a number of reasons.  It truly gets your mind off the past.  It is positive attention from the opposite sex (and it just feels better than grandma saying it) It can actually help you be more confident and attractive for your next real relationship by bringing your confidence back.  Once things start to get complicated or drama goes down.... you know they have served there purpose.... you are over your ex  --- and now its time for you to be alone .... to find your inner DIVA.
(Oh yeah and by you being a confident, successful, sexy super diva.... you will drive your ex to call you again and want you back but you can restore your right of saying "No thanks... I'd rather chew off my left arm)


PS- I did find the recipe to shrink a heart... testosterone... jk guys

No comments:

Post a Comment