Friday, September 2, 2011

"Nanny Envy"?

On one hot, summer, Wednesday morning... I went for a jog around the neighborhood.  I was passing a young nanny that had been working a few doors away for quite some time.  I figured.."hmm with my new found singleness....I will have to exercise..shop.. and socialize... why not add this girl to the list of sitters".
She came to babysit after she got off her shift from the house down the street.  She seemed a little nervous.  I asked her about it.  Apparently the obsessive woman she worked for asked 1,000 questions before she came over...and was worried I was trying to steal her away and basically forbid her from outside activities... I said "relax.. my kids are day care babies" ... (it was just for here and there) .... Well apparently in Stalky stalkersens culture... once people are employed by you... you apparently own them.  Well I think this is BS!
She not only continued to tell her Nanny she was not allowed to babysit.... but the next day.. while I was waiting at the bus stop.. She walked out of her house... right to the front of mine.. to go through my trash and then give my house a mean stare down... WTF!!!!!!!  For real... now I might not understand this culture thing... but I made sure I showed her how we roll in the USA. 

#1)  People do not own people here --- pretty sure we've been "over it" since the civil war...
      
#2) I sent my children running down the street in their bathing suits with candy in one hand... sparklers in the other.. singing "its a party in the USA"...

Not only did the Nanny wish she really was working for me... but now I am going to invite her to every Hot Tub party I have and give her a "nanny gig" weekly.

Moral of this story:  IT INDEED is a party in the USA.  Everyday is independence day in my home.  We are a bathing suit wearing, nanny stealin, hot tub partyin kinda family....and if you don't like it... go back were ya came from Stalky Mcstalkers !!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment